R&D Reinforcing Material Specialist Textile
We are looking for a Specialist in Reinforcing Materials reporting directly to the Head of Case Technologies within MID-Material and Innovation Development Department. This is a BSEMIA role, based in Rome, Italy.
Joining a dynamic and motivated Case Technologies team within MID department, the R&D specialist will lead efforts to scout, design, realize and validate innovative textile and textile-based composite reinforcing materials for Bridgestone consumer and commercial products, in line with Product Performance RoadMap and with Corporate Sustainability Roadmap.
Specifically, he/she will work on innovative reinforcing material development in both tire crown and carcass areas, identifying and designing new materials and constructions also through Open Innovation projects with Bridgestone partners and Academia, realizing virtual and prototypal tires, performing risk analysis and related validation plan, analyzing test results and, finally, releasing technology to Tire Product Development and to industrialization in manufacturing plant upon providing proper confidence on its reliability and robustness.
Core responsibilities and working relations:
- To build-up and realize the short-mid term technology roadmap for the textile material domain (1-3 years) and at same time to support the definition of the future technology roadmap on mid-long term perspective (> 3 years) in collaboration with the internal and external stakeholders;
- To scout and identify innovative materials and opportunities for joint activities with Bridgestone external partners (academia, suppliers, research institutes, lab equipment providers);
- To autonomously manage a project portfolio finally aimed to release innovative Reinforcing Materials to tire application in crown and carcass areas through Stage and Gate process and risk analysis from technology ideation to technical release to comply with product performance, sustainability roadmap and market/regulations requirements;
- To manage operations like design review meetings, execute collaboration with suppliers (ex: JDA), define IP strategy/dossier and new testing procedures, animate complex and multicultural brainstorming and projects, get update on market trend, support other teammates for new technology development and application criteria;
- To design and experimentally validate in lab and on tire new crown & carcass reinforcing materials, including investigation on failure mode, mechanism understanding and data analysis;
- To effectively work with R&D researchers, technicians, and management of Bridgestone Technical Center Europe, actively taking part to R&D cross-functional teams;
- Collaborate with Bridgestone Corporate Functions, Bridgestone America and Bridgestone Japan, Bridgestone EMIA manufacturing plants.
- Master degree in Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science; PhD is an highly appreciated plus;
- Proven experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Fiber science;
- Fibers and Fibrous Structures;
- Fiber/textile industry or research area;
- Characterization Of Structure Of Fiber Forming Polymers;
- Structural mechanics of yarns.
- Experience in one of the following areas in an appreciated added value:
- Textile tire material development;
- Textile engineering;
- Fiber recycling, Modelling and simulation;
- Fiber Reinforced Composite material;
- Fiber coating.
- Strategic thinking, long term anticipation is needed for this position;
- Ability to learn, distinct curiosity and inclusive attitude;
- Strong communication skills: able to establish good relation with external partners, to spread enthusiasm around organization, as well as reporting to executive level;
- High commitment and sense of ownership;
- Analytical skill, Logic Thinking, Problem solving and mechanism understanding mindset;
- Driven to results and synthesis oriented, motivated, agile, collaborative; Proven track records in managing collaboration projects with external partners and with suppliers;
- Already demonstrated skills for managing complex projects either with previous experience in project management;
- Results oriented, self-motivated, creative and collaborative;
- Ability to work with different pace, timeframe, organizations: with long term innovation as well as with supply crisis management, with other R&D entities as well as production plants;
- Digital mindset: solid knowledge of MS Office package; Previous experience with FEA commercial software knowledge is an added valued;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory;
- Ability to work at global level with multicultural environment.
Don't forget to mention EuroEngineerJobs when applying.