Lead Electrical Engineer
Lead electrical engineer and printed circuit board designers
Lead a local team of electrical engineers and printed circuit board designers (3 to 5). Act as point of contact between Global Manager, ECAD Services & Systems and Budapest Hungary ECAD Services team.
- Provide day-to-day leadership for local team of electrical engineers and printed circuit board designers, including:
- Technical support
- Systems support
- Design reviews
- Liason with engineering teams at other Harman locations
- Workload and project reporting
- Create and change electronic drawings, schematics, parts, and assemblies under the direction of project engineers.
- Create and change parts, documentation, and Change Notices in Harman’s PLM system, Windchill.
- Review designs and assist in any other electronic project related tasks to level the workload of the global Harman hardware electronic engineering teams.
- Manage the creation of library components for use in the printed circuit board assemblies using manufacturer’s specification and perform Library tasks per Harman Professional procedures.
- Manage and review part creation activities between ECAD and MCAD teams.
- Provide local leadership on design standards, technics, and technologies.
- Become proficient in design analysis using Mentor Graphics suite of analysis tools. Recommend additional analysis tools as appropriate.
- Assist in developing and sustaining electrical engineering processes under the direction of the Global Manager ECAD Services and Systems
- Remain current on leading edge technology related to electricalical design and have an understanding of fabrication processes and its effect on test engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- BS in electrical engineering.
- 5+ years experience working in a electrical/electronic engineering related field.
- Proficient with schematic and PCB layout software.
- A knowledge and understanding of printed circuit board fabrication processes and electronic assemblly Manufacturing Processes.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics, CircuitWorks, and Windchill.
- Consumer product and/or electronic product design experience.
- Ability to communicate well with project managers and product teams at remote locations
- Willingness to travel up to 5%.
- Willingness to work in an office in Budapest Hungary.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Ability to handle a variety of differing projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate precisely across cultural and global boundaries.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes and DFx concepts.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.