Assoc. Director Engineering
Your new Role:
Reporting into the Assoc. Director of Engineering, in your new role you will provide a Manufacturing Engineering service to the plant, in order to maximize the availability of Manufacturing Equipment while ensuring continual compliance with the policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering, Safety and Finance. You will control all relevant engineering budgets and develop the Engineering team with the emphasis on continual operational improvements and employee development.
Key activities of the Role:
- Ensure the performance of day to day preventative and demand maintenance activity to maintain manufacturing and utility equipment;
- Maintain records and documentation on relevant Engineering Procedures and preventative/demand maintenance;
- Liaise with Internal/External Engineering Personnel and contract maintenance providers in maintaining trouble shooting, and installing/commissioning equipment;
- Establish with the Engineering Director and Associate Director the department goals, schedules and timetables for activities;
- Assist with the management and supporting of manufacturing equipment development;
- Maintenance of manufacturing equipment and development of reliability program;
- Preparation of capital expenditure requests for plant;
- Develops, manage, track monthly engineering metrics ensuring adherence to MEP program;
- Ensure successful external, Division and Corporate audits;
- In conjunction with calibration coordinator ensure compliance with calibration requirements;
- Completion of PM on manufacturing equipment;
- Completion of instrument calibration as per schedule;
- Identification and implementation of manufacturing equipment related CIP’s;
- Issue management reports as requested and on time;
- Management of relevant budgets within target;
- Cross train within engineering;
- Ensure safety standards are met and safe working practices adhered to;
- Implementation of equipment/process upgrade in an environment of continuous improvement;
- Support the Engineering Team in ensuring that manufacturing equipment is maintained to meet the required legal, divisional and corporate standards.
Experience and Education to ensure success in the Role:
- 3rd level degree in engineering or similar discipline with 5 + years industry experience;
- 2 years’ experience of people management preferred;
- Comprehensive working knowledge of a Biopharmaceutical/Pharma/Medical Devices operation;
- Experience in Maintenance Excellence Program/Reliability Engineering preferred;
- Excellent people management and conflict handling skills;
- Clean room experience required; biologics equipment expertise preferred.
Don't forget to mention EuroEngineerJobs when applying.