Senior Engineering Project Manager
About the job
As a Senior Engineering Project Manager in the Blueprint team, you will work cross-functionally together with other teams to ensure the adoption of our factory designs in various cell factory Programs. You will deliver the project scope aligned with the strategic themes of Technology and Innovation. You will interface with industry leaders and cutting-edge technology players across the globe.
You will support and collaborate with the Programs to deploy and leverage the Blueprint for a more efficient and speedy delivery. Your responsibilities will focus on the Concept and Basic Design phases, driving standardization & replication across the Project cycles till the execution phase of a working factory.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Drive coordination between the Blueprint team and cell factory Programs, and collaborate with the Programs to develop and deploy the Blueprint;
- Ensure strategy development for site relating to capital investment is achieved by delivering projects on time to cost and to sponsor expectation;
- May also need to manage contractors and third parties as required by Technology developments;
- The Delivery Manager is expected to act independently leading and managing tasks;
- Drive engineering work reviews at early stage of the project and manage changes to provide constructive input to design team to prevent rework and optimize execution;
- Drive standardization of Design and execution planning through the Blueprint Program "playbook";
- Have the proven ability to apply project management principle in the design and execution of capital projects. Have the capability to assess and evaluate cost, schedule, safety/integrity benefits of activities funded through CAPEX/OPEX budget;
- Maintain safety compliance. Need to keep all the safety measures in mind needed to work in compliance with the necessary safety norms.
Our organization values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The person we are looking for is driven, caring and structured. You are goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You thrive by leading others and work towards common goals. You are used to a high paced work environment and got good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humour.
Skills & Requirements
We believe that you have:
- A relevant university degree (M.Sc./MBA or similar). Engineering degree preferred;
- At least 15 years working experience in a demanding industrial environment with roles in either Factory Design and Execution, Technical Project Management, Engineering or Operations;
- Experience building and designing factories;
- Industrialization experience, preferably from automotive, battery or other relevant industry;
- Exposure to Construction, Supply Base Management, Procurement, Process Engineering, Manufacturing, Automation, R&D, Business Development and Finance. You need to have a general understanding of all key functions of an industrial organization whilst possessing an analytical skillset to allow you to dive into detailed problem solving together with subject matter experts;
- Leadership qualities and ability to build trust and motivation with key stakeholders to ensure implementation of initiatives;
- Excellent English written and oral skills.
Bonus points for:
- Experience from greenfield and/or brownfield projects;
- Fluency in other languages (Japanese, Swedish, Chinese, French);
- Experience from a multi-cultural environment.
Don't forget to mention EuroEngineerJobs when applying.