Procurement & Sales Officer (m/f/d)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a dynamic and organized Procurement & Sales Officer to manage the entire life cycle of Spaceopal's procurement and sales activities, including contract modifications. Working closely with our technical experts, you will be responsible for coordinating, preparing, and negotiating proposals for our valued customers. In addition, you will play a key role in managing the related procurement activities within our industrial team. This position requires a good technical understanding and a vigilant monitoring, reporting, and supervision, with particular focus on managerial, financial and contractual aspects. You will report directly to the Spaceopal Sales and Procurement Director.
- Take charge of the entire procurement process for competitive tenders and change requests, evaluation and negotiation of proposals and the corresponding contracts;
- Prepare the related tender documentation along with the associated requirement documentation, leveraging the expertise of technical, legal, and financial professionals;
- Support the evaluation of proposals and participate in negotiations to secure favorable terms;
- Organize proposals to our customers and prepare comprehensive proposal documentation by collaborating with various experts (e.g., Engineering, Operations, Service, Security, PA, Finance);
- Actively monitor and control the status of both internal and external inputs relevant to proposal activities, ensuring effective follow-up;
- Prepare official communications pertaining to procurement procedures and to the execution of contracts;
- Interface with customers and lower-tier contract managers to maintain productive relationships;
- Update and maintain relevant databases and log files related to procurement and sales processes;
- Collaborate on the development and enhancement of procurement and sales processes and workflows, ensuring their successful implementation;
- Regularly report the status and issues to management, keeping them informed;
- Collaborate and coordinate with technical teams, Project Control, Legal, and Finance departments to facilitate seamless information flow;
- Participate in both external and internal management meetings as needed to contribute your expertise;
- Establish and nurture trust-based relationships with our Industrial Partners and Customer representatives.
- Proposals and Contract Changes;
- Change Requests, including requirement documentation;
- Change Logs;
- Contributions to regular reports and presentations.
If you are a proactive, detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational and communication skills, we encourage you to apply for this pivotal role in Spaceopal's procurement and sales operations. Join our team and play a vital part in shaping our success in the space industry.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Commercial Engineering, Economics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Telecommunications or Electronics), appropriate high school degree or relevant work experience;
- Experience in similar activities in particular in an international environment, better if acquired in Space or Defence programs, or in highly security-sensitive commercial sectors (e.g. finance);
- Experience in a large public or industry, international technical program on system level.
The job requires also:
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Fluency in Italian and/or German is appreciated even if not mandatory;
- Strong attitude to team work, also leveraging resources not directly dependent on him/her;
- Great communicator internally and externally, even in demanding situations;
- Hands-on mentality and systematic, self-organized, able to prioritize way of working;
- Fluency in standard office automation tools (MS Office, Email, Internet, etc.).
Spaceopal headquarter (Munich, Germany).
- It could be necessary to spend time periodically at the GCC-D (Oberpfaffenhofen, Munich, Germany) and/or at the GCC-I (Fucino, Italy);
- It could be necessary to participate to meetings in the above locations and in other relevant project locations in Europe.
- 30 days annual leave;
- Work-life-balance, e.g., through flexible working time models and mobile office options;
- Employer supported pension scheme;
- Employer supported canteen, free coffee & fruit service;
- Centrally located office;
- Personal development and training options;
- Regular company and team events;
- International working environment, dynamic, multicultural and motivated teams.
FULL-TIME: 40 h/week
Spaceopal is the prime service operations contractor for the European Galileo Satellite Navigation System and manages all Galileo Service Operations. The awarded European Commission (EC) contract to Spaceopal is more than just its satellites in space. Galileo Service Operations will provide high-quality positioning, navigation and timing services to users across the whole world as a civil-controlled service with guaranteed continuity of coverage.
Do you want to get involved with us? Do you want to be a part of our interdisciplinary international teams — be part of the Galileo Family? Does your specialist area match our subjects?
If you are convinced that you are right for us, take a look at all our vacancies — or send in a speculative application! Browse through our open positions. We look forward to receiving completed applications for our job postings here.
Be part of a multinational team of high professionals in a dynamic working environment. Be part of one of Europa’s largest and most complex technology projects.
Be part of the Galileo Family!
Don't forget to mention EuroEngineerJobs when applying.