Head of Materials & Processes
This is what drives you
You have a clear idea of what you want: To contribute to the vision of safe and energy-efficient flying, in a team of like-minded aviation enthusiasts who are determined to shape the future of aviation.
This is what you can do
The Head of Materials & Processes is disciplinary leading the Materials & Processes (M&P) department dealing with the complete aircraft (primary & secondary structure, systems & cabin support). The leadership role includes to build up an efficient team and build up state-of-the art competences inside the team to secure the deliverables as well as defining the methods, processes and tools required to execute the activities throughout the product life-cycle from early research and concept phases, programme development to continuous product support.
- Leading and managing the required resources, competences and capabilities according to defined deliverables and agreed head-count target;
- Leading disciplinary the engineering department “EAM Materials & Processes”;
- Ensure definition & regular updates of material and process standards and procedural documents mandatory for establishing full set of relevant OEM procedural framework; deliver full support of M&P input for procedures lead by process owners outside M&P;
- Responsible for M&P deliverables in Time/Cost/Quality (TCQ) throughout the complete lifecycle of aircraft, flying fleet, 328eco development and respective R&T projects;
- Responsible for internal and external workpackages in TCQ;
- Implement programme and project requirements into a resource planning including core and non-core activities and a viable sub-contracting/Make or Buy policy in the scope of M&P perimeter;
- Ensure adequate numbers of signatory candidates are trained and prepared for delegation according to design organisation processes;
- Implement and support company strategy with proper positioning of the M&P team in line with future needs and trends;
- Leading complex tasks internally and externally; defining specifications and Means of Compliance;
- Define and drive opportunities for digitalisation and automatisation of airframe M&P processes, methods & tools;
- M&P Integrator for complete aircraft.
You’ll bring this with you
- Recognised expertise in field of M&P;
- Educated Engineering degree (MA Eng/Sc, Dr./PhD.) specialized all kinds of M&P topics;
- 15+ years professional expertise in relevant fields of aircraft development M&P;
- Wide proficiency in material and special process qualifications and definition of processes & interfaces;
- New aircraft development experience (CS25) in several aircraft projects;
- Ability to prioritise, manage and execute multiple simultaneous tasks;
- Product development experience of several aircraft programme;
- Lead and instruct complex tasks internal/external;
- Very good presenting, communication and leadership skills.
Don't forget to mention EuroEngineerJobs when applying.