Lead Product Design Engineer
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
- Interpret customer needs (internal and external depending upon work area) to identify the relevant modifications and enhancements required to the product.
- Use engineering software (Creo) to analyse problems and issues to determine the appropriate solutions and modifications required.
- Collaborating with other functions (such as Operations, Marketing etc) to determine possible solutions to particular problems and issues. This will include external stakeholders such as suppliers and customers.
- Progress the proposed modifications to resolve issues through the required approval routing process.
- Follow appropriate engineering processes as determined upon area of work and implement test programmes and interpret results, approving or rejecting modifications as appropriate.
- Identify suitable new products and components that can be used for modifications and enhancements to current products.
- Lead design reviews and safety reviews on small projects or as delegated by the Engineering Department Leader.
- Coordinate with other global engineering teams and functions within Cummins as and when required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A good level of Postgraduate functional engineering experience working with complex electro-mechanical or mechanical systems and components.
- Ideally candidates will have an appreciation, experience or passion for working with engines and/or power generation products such as Gensets or Power Distribution Systems.
- Working knowledge of CAD software such as Creo, Pro-E, Wildfire or Inventor is required.
- Disciplined, methodical and capable of producing quality work to meet demanding schedules.
- Design experience with diesel powered generating systems a distinct advantage
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
- Relevant Engineering Degree.
Don't forget to mention EuroEngineerJobs when applying.