Senior Project Engineer Marine Operations & Warranty Survey
Local Unit & Position Description
The services of the Marine Operation section cover in the first line Marine Warranty Survey (MWS), the verification of requirements laid down by the Insurer or Underwriter in the warranty clause in connection with the respective marine operations to ensure that all necessary precautions are taken to minimize operation risks and avoid damage or loss on insured assets during transitory processes as per Company's MWS Standards. The scope of activities for marine warranty survey comprises:
- Review and approval of all MWS relevant documents, risk analysis and test results;
- Vessel and equipment suitability surveys (including relevant certificates);
- Survey and approval of marine operations (including relevant certificates);
- Site surveys during construction, commissioning and de-commissioning (verification of relevant certificates, risk analyses, test reports, etc.).
The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Self-driven coordination of complex, international MWS Projects in the areas of offshore platforms, buoys, pipelines, wind farms etc.;
- Ensuring of inspections in time and supervision of load outs, seafastenings, transports and installations for offshore projects;
- International customer support as well as regular participation in project meetings as representative of DNVGL;
- Document controlling based on independent calculations;
- Survey and approval of offshore installations, partly on site;
- Functional and organisational assistance of surveyors;
- Participation in the optimization of processes.
- An engineering degree that showcases a high level of suitable knowledge, e.g. naval architecture, mechanical engineering;
- 8-15 years of professional experience in similar activities, at least 5 years Offshore experience;
- Knowledge of the relevant rules and guidelines for Marine Operations preferable;
- Positive and self-motivated attitude, proactive customer focus including ability to present and sell our services to the clients;
- Independent and team oriented working style;
- Analytical way of thinking;
- Willingness to travel;
- Good command of English, both spoken and written;
- French language would is desirable.