Manager Mechanical Engineering
Would you like to become a key member in the Service Engineering function delivering the next generation of service solutions to the Wind Turbines aftersales market? Do you have a technical background and are you motivated by leading people via cross functional and cross organizational teams in Denmark and abroad?
As manager for the mechanical department you will be overall responsible for the development of the department and execution of the activities within.
You will be leading highly competent specialists and engineers, who jointly will be responsible for the overall technology and operational strategy for the mechanical department.
From specification to validation of the product/solution. The important focus will vary depending on the scope of the project, complexity and adoption.
Your main responsibilities will cover:
- Select, build and retain strong competences in the organization covering all mechanical systems around the turbine;
- Align department objectives with business strategy;
- Drive and improve operational and functional excellence;
- Build a high performing international team built on trust, accountability, dedication and leadership;
- Actively identify and involve business stakeholders across business units and functional areas;
- Balance operational tasks with short and long term strategy targets.
The right candidate has a minimum of 8 years' management/project management experience from a large organization and holds a bachelor or master degree in a relevant area i.e. Mechanical Engineering. Further we expect:
- Leadership education (Bachelor/Master) would be preferred;
- Experienced in management of R&D teams;
- Working experience with multicultural teams is a plus;
- Good fundamental understanding of machines and components;
- Analytical approach and ability to drill down and communicate complex issues in easy understandable terms and actions;
- Ability and drive to take the leadership role.
You believe in and comply with our values of Collaboration, Simplicity and Accountability and you have a high level of drive and are able to challenge the existing while maintaining operation. We are also looking for a person who:
- Are customer-oriented and have the ability to understand the complete business value chain;
- Find it challenging and interesting to work with other people in a large organization;
- Are capable of building up an intensive network across cultures and time zones;
- Have profound communication and presentation skills;
- Are results-driven and action-oriented;
- Like being proactive and getting things done;
- Work independently but value collaboration and teamwork.