Principal Engineer in Acoustics
GWF MessSysteme AG is the leading innovation company for the measurement, communication and management of consumption data in the areas of electricity, gas, water and heat. Thanks to our many years of experience with high-precision measuring instruments, the high professional competence of our employees and the patented GWFcoder® technology, we offer future-oriented smart metering system solutions that contribute to the sustainable use of energy. GWF systems are modular, and standardized data interfaces allow interoperability with all market-driven system components and future communications technologies.
GWF is a Swiss family run business with around 160 employees and a success story of more than 110 years. We have further developed from the proven measuring instrument manufacturer as an innovative solution partner for measuring systems and meter data management. To complete our team we are looking for a Principal Engineer in Acoustics.
In this diverse position, you are responsible for the following tasks:
- Realisation of mathematical and simulation models in the area of fluid dynamics;
- 2/3-D multi-physics simulations using dedicated tools and multi-processor architectures;
- Systematic resolution of known and unknown problems in the area of fluid measurements through simulations;
- Interface into a multi-site organisation and to universities.
- Phd degree in Engineering or Physics with specialisation in acoustic modelling and fluid dynamics;
- Indebt understanding of wave, Navier Stokes, electro elastic and electro static equations;
- Solid know-how in solving complex boundary condition and convergence problems in simulators like COMSOL and MATLAB;
- Fast learner with a strong interest in problem-solving;
- Independent, analytical and structured personality confident working in a team;
- Asian languages are a plus, good English written and spoken is a must have – German is an asset.
We offer you a dynamic, motivated and professional environment with exciting tasks.
Your workplace is very easily accessible close to the city of Lucerne.
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents trough our e-recruiter on our web-site: www.gwf.ch.