Fuels Program Manager
Amec Foster Wheeler
Kaiserslautern or Frankfurt, Germany
Ideal candidate offers demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and recognised for technical excellence in the fuels professional community.
- Manages business development tasks with a hands-on approach, i.e. strategic planning/forecasting, tactical client relations, business opportunity development, technical proposals, all with a focus on expanding the EU fuels business line in the industrial, commercial, institutional and DoD arenas;
- Develops proposals to insure technical accuracy as it applies to each client’s requirements;
- Serves as program level interface with clients on an ongoing basis; responsible for leadership of multiple engineering teams and on-site construction personnel, ensuring effective response in meeting all contract requirements and assurance of overall client satisfaction;
- Responsible for EU fuels team leadership including building/expanding technical capabilities/team training, personnel assignments, and operational compliance with company policies;
- Provides leadership and senior-level fuels technical expertise to project team; maintains a positive environment and high morale;
- Directly participates in guiding project delivery including proposal development, establishment of budgets and schedules, cost control, scope/schedule adherence, technical review of engineering deliverables, Q/A compliance, and operations management;
- Supervises, mentors, and develops project staff capabilities on Federal, municipal, commercial and institutional projects (design/bid/build and design/build).
- B.S. or M.S. Engineering or related construction discipline with 20+ years business development, project management on federal contracts, hands-on fuel facilities engineering, construction, quality assurance and operations experience;
- Demonstrated ability to develop/expand, implement and manage a comprehensive fuels program and associated Team members, with hands-on experience on industrial, commercial, institutional and DoD fuel systems engineering, inspection/maintenance/repair and construction projects;
- Licenses/Certifications: Professional Engineer’s license in Mechanical or Electrical preferred, API 653, Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector; API 570, Process Piping Inspector; Steel Tank Institute SP 001 Tank Inspector; NACE CIP Level II or higher; and NACE CP Level I or higher considered a significant plus;
- Advanced Project and Risk Management capabilities;
- Advanced strategic planning/forecasting and tactical client relations capabilities;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to supervise and train staff;
- Ability to plan and develop manpower and budget requirements;
- A valid driver's license is required;
- A valid passport is required;
- Ability to work on US and EU military bases is required;
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.