Blade Industrialisation Manager
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Blade Industrialisation Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Helicopters at Paris Le Bourget.
Within the Blade Engineering department, the industrialisation division mission is to define, deploy and support all processes and industrial means necessary for manufacturing and for after sales support of blade products.
This mission will concern new products, such as traditional helicopter blades or propellers for the hybrid type (VTOL, high speed formula, etc.) and also for current products in production and in service.
The improvement of economic performance is a strong development axis of the blade business, and as such the introduction of automated manufacturing processes is a top priority of the industrialisation department.
This position covers all current and future blade products of Airbus Helicopters, except for existing helicopter blades of Airbus Helicopters Deutschland.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Regarding the management side, 40 people will report to you directly;
- In this scope, you will be responsible for developing their skills, ensuring an adequate workforce/workload balance, introducing new working methods (contributing to the implementation of agile method, multi-function platform), applying the HR process: individual interviews, assessments;
Regarding the operational side, the activities of the industrialisation department cover the following scope:
- Industrial architecture, manufacturing process, declination of the industrial strategy of the blade business;
- Assessing costs and industrial cycles;
- Hosting Design to X (costs, manufacturing);
- Studying, defining/specifying, validating manufacturing tools;
- Technically hosting industrial investments;
- Developing new manufacturing processes;
- Hosting industrial reviews;
- Managing the planning and the industrialisation budget;
- Demonstrating industrial performance;
- Ensuring technical support and continuous improvement in the Serial phase: processing non-conformities, applying modifications to the definition;
- Defining rework solutions and rework tools;
- You will ensure the commitment of teams, the definition of the industrial strategy and its correct application to various projects of the blade business;
- You will take part in the operating of the technical hub in close collaboration with other departments: definition, stress, quality, LMP;
- You will animate the interfaces with blade business departments: production, procurement, quality, customer services, industrial logistics, etc. and other industrialisation divisions of the dynamic assemblies department at Marignane and Donauworth.
As the successful candidate, you should be able to demonstrate some of the following skills and experience:
- Engineering degree (or equivalent) with at least 10 years of professional experience;
- Knowledge of industrialisation and method activities is mandatory;
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing would be a plus;
- Experience in managing a team;
- Ability to work in an international environment;
- English: advanced level;
- French: advanced level;
- German would be a plus;
- Ability to accompany changes, a high level of commitment and the ability to provide a new vision.