In this role you provide support for Construction matters to all Business Lines within the Antwerp Office. You will develop construction deliverables to ensure a construction site operated within all requirements. Based on the input from other disciplines involved on the project (both received and obtained), you have to develop and/or provide input into:
- Temporary Facilities;
- Site Logistic;
- Contracting Strategy;
- Construction Execution Strategy;
- Construction Sequence;
- Mobilization Plan;
- Construction Schedule.
The key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Developing the various construction deliverables based on input from the various disciplines;
- The Home Office Construction Engineer is key in the interfaces with other members of project team, client, subcontractors, etc.;
- Reporting to the office construction manager;
- Developing and leading constructability reviews;
- Working and being part of the project management team;
- Developing construction execution plans;
- Occasionally visiting jobsites to review the site and/or conduct constructability reviews.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and eight (8) years of work-related experience; a recognized certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements;
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors;
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job;
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines;
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
Other Job Requirements
- Candidates shall be fluent in both Dutch and English; Written and oral communication with our Client’s is as well in Dutch as in English;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to travel;
- Leadership skills and able to multi-task.
- Construction Management degree or global equivalent;
- Ability to speak/read multiple languages;
- Basic or intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the basic or intermediate use of spreadsheets.