Experienced System Engineer
LAMBDA-X High Tech
LAMBDA-X High-Tech provides state-of-the-art optical technologies and engineering services for customized optical systems. Our mission is to be the trusted partner in the field of optics for the deployment of innovation programs, from concepts to production through prototyping.
We focus on high-tech innovation industries active in building a Better Environment (space and defense), Healthier World (life sciences, medical technology) and more Robust Processes (scientific, metrology and quality control equipment).
Leveraging on more than 25-year expertise in optics, mechanics, electronics, software, and working in close cooperation with our customers, all Lambda-X’s team members participate in providing innovative and differentiating optical-based solutions in multiple and complex industrial environments.
Lambda-X is member of the Verhaert Masters in Innovation Group (https://www.verhaert.com), one of the biggest product development companies in Europe with 350 people over 8 innovation centers in 3 countries offering all necessary expertise to innovate successfully.
Your challenges: transforming optical principles to high-tech products
- Under the supervision of experienced Project Managers, you work as a team member and you manage the technical development of multiple industrial projects (aerospace, microscopy, …);
- In the frame of multidisciplinary projects, you build up systems architectures including interfaces definition. You ensure that the selected components form a system that performs as expected in the targeted environment and cost budget;
- You review the specifications, define the design, drive the optical design, select opto-electronic components, integrate thermal and structural aspects in the solutions and make the link with mechanical, electronic and software engineers;
- You develop tests and verification set-ups based on dedicated custom-built instruments or based on standard laboratory equipments;
- You are in relation with suppliers for technical specifications and look for practical production means for the selected concepts.
You are our future teammate because you are:
- Looking for new R&D challenges offering complexity and innovation in fast moving markets;
- Making the difference thanks to your creative mindset, your commitment and your ability to take the ownership on your projects;
- Energized through supporting equipment design and development for various applications and a large scope of sectors.
Your background and skills
- You hold a Master’s degree in Engineering;
- You have at least 3 years of R&D experience closed to industrial environments;
- You like lab works and are used to assemble prototypes;
- You have a very good command of English and French;
- You are continuously developing your practical and theoretical knowledge of optics;
- You quickly understand physics issues and make the link with experimental results;
- You process and interpret raw data with e.g. Matlab, Python;
- You are recognized to easily integrate a multidisciplinary team and to organize your work efficiently to supply your deliverables according to planning.
Additional assets that would be appreciated:
- You are able to automate the measurements chain with Labview, or equivalent high-level software environment;
- You have engineering skills in electronics.
- A work environment, culture and team focused on tangible innovative results;
- An attractive salary package;
- The unique opportunity to work in a highly innovative environment;
- Technical projects for start-ups, big corporates and everything in between;
- And above all: an incredible expertise and a remarkable way of working thanks to all our gifted team members.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to mention EuroEngineerJobs when applying.