CPU Design Engineer - Senior, Staff or Principal
Sophia Antipolis, France
Essential skills and Experience:
- Strong know-how in CPU or DSP micro-architecture;
- Experience in CPU or DSP design;
- High competence in digital design/hardware description languages, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog;
- Ability to make trade-offs between power, performance and area appropriately to meet the requirements of the product;
- Exposure to all stages of the design cycle: initial concept, specification, implementation, verification, documentation and support
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively;
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills.
Desired skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of the ARM architecture;
- Proficiency in scripting languages, e.g. Perl/TCL/Python;
- Knowledge of assembly language (preferably ARM), C/C++ and/or verification techniques and testbenches (e.g. UVM and Formal).
Education & Qualifications
You will have a good university degree, ideally in electronic engineering or computer science.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary.
These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do