Senior Lead Engineer - Civil and Structural Engineering
- You lead, motivate, coach and manage a project team of structural engineers and draftsmen for your projects;
- You are responsible for ensuring that the budget, the timing and the quality of the engineering works is executed as required. You will make sure that the projects assigned to you will be executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules;
- You report progress for all your projects on a weekly basis;
- You take a role as principal engineer of the project (mainly geotechnical, concrete and steel, structures for different types of structures) and you help and guide your less experienced colleagues. You carry out study works yourself or together with your team or in assistance to other colleagues;
- You prepare and submit offers and contracts;
- You aim for sustainable and efficient solutions;
- You keep up with the standards, guidelines and new techniques and developments in your discipline and report these to your team members or colleagues;
- You work together with colleagues, external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consultancies, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) and clients in a constructive way;
- You have an international mindset and collaborate with our offices abroad for certain engineering tasks and take the necessary actions to guarantee the required quality;
- As lead engineer you actively promote and establish BIM collaboration procedures according to our company vision where applicable.
- You are a qualified Civil/Structural Engineer holding a Master’s degree as a minimum;
- You have at least 15 years of relevant technical experience in designing different types of concrete and steel structures;
- You are familiar with the creation of tender documents;
- Expertise in modeling with ANSYS, SCIA Engineer and/or equivalent packages is an asset.
- You have good communication skills;
- You are a team player;
- You are client-oriented and flexible;
- A thorough knowledge of Dutch or French is essential and you need to be able to express yourself in Dutch, French and English;
- You are prepared to work in our regional offices in Belgium and/or in Client’s site offices;
- You are willing to make international trips for our international collaboration and international projects in mutual agreement;
- Mobility by car is necessary so an international driving license “B” is required.
Don't forget to mention EuroEngineerJobs when applying.