Principal Electrical Engineer (Oil & Gas)
Manchester, United Kingdom
About the Role
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer to join our Manchester based engineering department and specifically our Oil and Gas discipline helping to contribute towards its continuing success.
You will be expected to be the electrical design lead on large multidisciplinary projects relating to Oil and Gas installations and have the knowledge and experience to also act as Lead Electrical Design Engineer on smaller niche electrical projects within the gas industry. The ideal candidate will be able to innovate and challenge standard practices. We are looking for a good communicator who can integrate well as a real team player and who sees beyond the standard approach to design delivery.
The following responsibilities are key to this role:
- Electrical Engineering input into optioneering, scoping, feasibility studies and detail design projects together with providing support to other discipline engineers;
- Writing specifications for electrical equipment such as MCC/Switchgear panels, Motors and Transformers;
- Working closely with CAD Technicians in the development of Single Line diagrams, Equipment layouts and MCC configurations;
- Working with equipment vendors on developing designs of equipment packages;
- Review of designs during both tender proposal and detailed design phases of a project;
- Supporting development of plant layouts and plant 3D models;
- Production of design risk assessments and experienced with all relevant HSE legislation.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and a Chartered Engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ experience;
- Demonstrable experience of working from conceptual studies through to detail design within the Oil & Gas industry;
- Experience of working under their own initiative and as a specialist lead within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers;
- A demonstrable knowledge of ATEX and DSEAR and preferable COMPEX qualified;
- National Grid EL/6 Competency would be advantageous;
- Proven understanding of the design process and ability to demonstrate working knowledge of brief/scope documents, design concepts as well as significant experience technically i.e. calculations;
- Proven experience in electrical distribution networks at Low and Medium voltage;
- Experience in the fields of equipment and system design, project management, proposal preparation, construction and erection or testing and commissioning;
- Experience of working with clients and contractors with a diverse range of objectives in achieving a technical solution.