Electromagnetic Product Design Engineer - Technical Specialist
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our PowerSystems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to ourglobal partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutionsthat will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own yourcareer. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individualswith a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Craiova, Romania for an Electromagnetic Product Design Engineer - Technical Specialist.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
- Specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices across various areas and projects in the design, development, analysis and release of products and subsystems through the product life cycle;
- Creates design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly and service;
- Verifies design using analysis and or functional testing, interprets results, drives decisions and assesses risk;
- Works with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional disciplines to resolve product issues;
- Evaluates customer needs and aligns requirements with identified customer expectations;
- Creates accurate 3D models and assemblies and associated detail drawings, according internal practices and procedures;
- Performs finite element analysis and calculations to support product validation;
- Manages product data using internal PDM/PLM architecture.
- Relevant technical experience;
- Practical and analytical electrical design skills;
- High competency in FE Analysis/Calculations;
- Able to perform concept design/architecture at an advanced level, proficient in the application of concept design/architecture in a wide range of work situations and able to lead/train/coach the application of concept design/architecture;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of basic electromagnetic design for synchronous machines;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge for analyzing and interpreting electrical test results for synchronous machines;
- Excellent knowledge of 2D AutoCAD design software;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Team player;
- Communicative English.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering.
Compensation and Benefits
- A competitive salary and benefits package – Growth opportunities within a Global Company.
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we arecommitted to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally.No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatmentbecause of any protected characteristic.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins.