Senior Applications Engineer
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Respond to requests for quotation by evaluating customers’ valve requirements and provide quotation responses by sizing, specifying and pricing valves in accordance with customers’ specifications. Main valve and actuator brands the successful candidate will be working on, are the followings: Valtek, Kämmer, Valbart, Argus, Limitorque, Durco, Atomac and Worcester.
- Prepare technically sound and cost effective quotations in order to contribute to obtaining project related sales and bookings growth.
- Prepare detailed, complete and correct purchase orders for proper entry into our respective manufacturing operations.
- Coordinate and facilitate the negotiation of commercial issues involved in quotation and procurement processes.
- Must be ready, willing and able to meet with internal and/or external customers to discuss valve specifications, applications, process data and related material to better prepare respective quotations / purchase orders.
- Develop a keen understanding of the Flowserve valve and actuator product lines and their respective operations to enhance application engineering, quotation generation, project management and sales support efforts.
- Develop collaborative relationships with respective Flowserve sales and operations’ organizations to more effectively coordinate bookings’ growth and resolve issues for the duties of assigned role.
- Comply with corporate goals, objectives and policies.
- Assist and train junior application engineer colleagues to support on-the-job development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from university in mechanical, chemical, electrical or industrial engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in an overall valve market or related industry.
- Ability to learn to correctly size and select control valve solutions for standard and severe service applications.
- Demonstrating knowledge of industry standards (i.e. ASME, ISA, ANSI, NACE etc.) along with understanding of fluid flow, corrosion, erosion, materials of construction, valve specifications and engineering drawings is a major plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. German or French as a third language is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Detailed oriented and able to work in a quick paced environment, while prioritizing daily requests and balancing customers' requirements.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage assigned territory.
- Willingness to continually learn and expand understanding of valve products to more effectively size, select, apply and sell technical and engineered valve solutions.
- Experience in supervising junior engineers and other team members is a plus.
We are currently looking for a Senior Applications Engineer to work in our Debrecen (Hungary) Shared Services Center, supporting our Commercial Operations Team in EMEA region.
The successful candidate will be required to provide application engineering support and quotation generation to support our selling activities across the region.