Lead Quality Engineer
Stamford, United Kingdom
This is an exciting opportunity in Stamford, Lincolnshire for a Lead Quality Engineer.
Cummins Generator Technologies, UK is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as Leading a multidiscipline professional supply chain team, develop improvement processes across the function and operate in a global and supportive environment.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
- Applies the principles of product quality planning, evaluation, and control in support of the manufacturing and installation operations of the organization;
- Responsible for applicable systems related to plant customer issues such as corrective action requests, supplier corrective action requests, nonconforming material reports, etc.;
- Leads containment activities;
- Facilitates continuous improvement quality activities to reduce the potential for defects, and ensures continual improvement in process and product design;
- Ensures products and process development meet quality standards;
- Identifies problems, prioritizes actions, leads or participates in Six Sigma projects;
- Participates in change management activities by verifying products and processes, developing key measures, analyzing data for decision support, and presenting results to plant leadership;
- Leads audits of processes and quality systems;
- Works with purchasing to improve the quality of purchased parts;
- Serves as a quality technical resource to other functional areas;
- May coach and mentor less experienced quality engineers.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 5 years of experience in quality, manufacturing environment;
- Knowledge of Five Core Tools: Advanced Product Quality Planning, Production Part Approval Process, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Measurement System Analysis and Statistical Process Control;
- Experience with ISO9001 or TS16949;
- Customer oriented.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree is required. Quality accreditation will be an asset.