Dynamic System Modeling Senior Engineer
GE - General Electric
The Performance team is seeking a Senior Engineer for dynamic system modeling and simulation of GE’s wind turbine products. The Dynamic System Modeling Senior Engineer M/F will lead the development of and employ multibody simulation capabilities, with the necessary level of fidelity to ensure reliable and robust wind turbine designs. The development of multibody simulation capability will entail coding/scripting work.
As the Dynamic System Modeling Senior Engineer M/F, you will:
- Lead a team of dynamic system modelers and coordinate with component engineers to establish multi-body simulation capability for wind turbine design. Act as ‘architect’ and system leader for multi-body simulation implementation;
- Develop and implement dynamic system modeling capability including coding/scripting;
- Execute multibody simulations for new product development and readiness-to-serve activities;
- Work closely with subsystem/component teams to understand modeling requirements & CTQs (Critical to Quality), for the purposes of correct modeling and to enable others to effectively use and run the simulations;
- Ensure coordinated use and development of modeling capability with the loads/system simulation team;
- Develop technical documentation, including but not limited to training material, to empower others to effectively use multibody simulation software;
- Ensure simulations meet accuracy requirements and recommend validation plans;
- Leverage test data from component test, drivetrain test stands and prototype testing;
- Contribute to Performance requirements (through Design Memos);
- Contribute to relevant design practice(s).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent knowledge/experience;
- Considerable engineering experience (can include experience in graduate school in a relevant field of study or industry experience).
- EUWork Permit if hired in Spain For Applicants in Spain: Nonnational candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
- Demonstrated direct experience in executing multibody simulations in tools such as Simpack, ADAMs, SAMCEF, etc.;
- Open to code development (coding/scripting work);
- Ability to work in a global, matrix organizational environment & demonstrated ability to do so;
- Development experience with commercial multibody simulation software such as but not limited to ADAMS, Simpack, SAMCEF;
- Experience in coding/scripting preferably related to multibody simulation;
- Software development experience;
- Experience with finite-element modeling such as but not limited to ANSYS;
- Experience with CAD software such as but not limited to Unigraphics (NX), CATIA, SOLIDWORKS;
- Wind turbine engineering experience;
- Conceptual and theoretical understanding and practical experience in dynamics, including structural dynamics problems in time domain and rotational dynamics;
- Advanced Degree in engineering or equivalent knowledge/experience;
- Team and/or project leadership experience;
- System or product level mindset;
- Strong technical aptitude;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills.