Product Manager, Small Boilers
Raisio or Vantaa, Finland
The Technology Unit Heat and Power Plants develops, sells and delivers small and medium size biomass-to-energy and waste-to-energy CHP plants and boilers, Oil & Gas boilers and waste heat recovery boilers.
We are now looking for a Product Manager Small Boilers to support our sales and execution and further improve the competitiveness of our fluidized bed boiler products.
You will actively tap into the vast existing expertise in our other fluidized bed boiler product groups and be constantly current on the latest product developments. You will use this to adapt and optimize Valmet’s fluidized bed boiler technologies (BFB/CFB) for small and medium size applications. You will also be responsible for implementation of these technologies into our biomass-to-energy and waste-to-energy EPC plant concepts.
You will be active at the customer interface globally, where you will be the specialist with extensive knowledge on our boiler systems. You’ll work closely with our customers to offer technical expertise, explore and understand their needs, and develop competitive solutions that support their business case.
You will be the driving force that ensures our products are competitive and meet the needs of the market.
To achieve this, you'll work very closely and cooperatively with our product sales professionals, other product managers, engineering and R&D.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Specialist both internally and at the customer interface.
- Interface with product managers in other technology units inside the Business Unit Energy.
- Initiate and lead product improvement and standardization.
- Competitive technical solutions (process and mechanical) for sales projects meeting customer needs.
- Support product and boiler engineering during sales and project execution.
- Support proposal development including scope definition, design basis and specifications.
- Definition of performance and environmental guarantees.
- Support boiler commissioning and start-up.
- Guarantee test programs.
- Internal and external product training for sales, projects and services.
- Product risk management.
- Reference management.
We expect you to have a Master’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline. To be successful in this position you need to have knowledge and experience of both process and mechanical design of fluid bed boiler pants. You should also have the willingness and proven capability to learn and extend your knowledge. Previous experience in product management is a strong asset.
As a person, you must be commercially-minded, customer oriented, self-directed, dynamic and a team player with excellent presentation and communications skills.
Fluency in English is a must; other languages are an asset. You should be ready to travel globally on a regular basis.
Location can be discussed, but you should be ready to be in our Vantaa and/or Raisio office on a regular basis.