Environmental Project Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated Environmental Consultant (Engineer or Geologist preferred) with proven experience in environmental investigations, contaminated lands characterization, soil and groundwater remediation and/or project management to be based in our office in Lyon.
Part of your role will be to lead and manage project teams and contribute to deliverables (with a focus on environmental site investigations and contaminated land remediation).
Your responsibilities will also cover management of client relationships, budget control, and co-ordination of in-house and external specialists and contractors. You will have a flexible balance of technical and management skills and you will be expected to contribute to proposals and project delivery. A high level of communication skills, both written and verbal will be required.
Experience with multinational corporations is an asset and good interpersonal skills and international experience are requirements.
To be successful in your role you will be educated to degree or post-graduate level in a relevant science, geosciences, engineering or environmental technical subject and you will be based in our Lyon, France office.
Fluent spoken and written French are mandatory; advanced English language skills written and verbal are essential. Our clients and the team are international and working knowledge of other languages is also beneficial.
Technical specialisation in hydrogeology, contaminated land remediation or remedial engineering would be a plus.
You should have solid experience contributing to groundwater monitoring plans, environmental site investigations and contaminated land remediation projects in France, ideally having worked on complex projects for large industrial (Chemical, Oil&Gas, Manufacturing) sites.
You will have initiative, enthusiasm and commitment and be flexible in work approach. Some travel to project sites and meeting would be required, although the primary work location will be Lyon, France. Responsibility for maintaining project teams that safely delivering quality work is key.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- You should be able to demonstrate good people skills, experience with multinational clients and contaminated land and soil and groundwater remediation;
- Educational background in a science, geosciences, environmental or engineering related discipline;
- Proven experience with French Environmental, Health & Safety and Contaminated Site Management regulations;
- Proven related project experience, including significant field component;
- Task or project management experience, ideally for large/multinational clients;
- Technical specialisations in specific areas such as human health risk assessment, groundwater flow modelling or EHS due diligence services;
- Remediation assessment/design and implementation, possibly including risk based decision making with a focus on sustainability;
- Fluent spoken and written French; solid competency in English is required; additional languages an asset;
- Ability and willingness to periodically travel and support work at project sites (up to approximately 25%).