Automotive Technology Leader
Neu Isenburg, Germany
Responsible for the Automotive Segment who will drive critical business and application development programs in automotive segment including e-motor, battery, power devices, thermal management, and wire-harness replacement, closely working with Automotive Marketing team.
This person is supposed to be a “technology expert” of Automotive Electronics for EM, accumulating expertise of key applications and materials, establishing strong relationship and trust with leading Automotive OEM’s and Tier-1’s.
- Analyze and understand technology trends, unmet needs, critical priorities, and requirements of key applications and materials in Automotive Electronics;
- Help Automotive Marketing team develop and keep upgrading Automotive industry’s technology roadmap and EM’s technology & product road map;
- Closely work with Automotive Marketing team, EMEA sales team, and US/EMEA technology team (application development team and R&D team);
- Collaborate with other DuPont business that support and supply materials into the Automotive Segment;
- Support the technology side of the business/application development programs, to accelerate the commercialization;
- Coordinate the building of prototypes, material supply to Tier-1 supplier, OEM’s developmental programs;
- Educate the EM organization about the Automotive Electronics technologies, applications, material needs, and requirements;
- Establish and enhance DuPont’s brand recognition as a technology leader in Automotive Electronics technology community by presentations, speeches, and publications, working with Automotive Marketing team and Marketing Communication team;
- Maintain strong relationship with fabricators and convertors, and continue to coach them and develop their capabilities, to develop win-win-win relationship for all of DuPont, fabricators/convertors, and OEM/Tier-1.
- Extensive automotive electronics industry experience – R&D, product development, or business development, from major Tier-1 device/system suppliers or OEM;
- Understanding of automotive industry, technology, organization, and key people/positions for technology development;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology (chemical, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or material science) field; MBA is plus;
- Ability to travel 30%-50%, primarily in EMEA;
- Experience in independent business and application development;
- Strong external market orientation and experience interacting with customers and external partners;
- Strong personal leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to lead through influence across organizational boundaries;
- Ability to function effectively in diverse environments ranging from highly technical applications to marketing to sales and negotiating programs with multiple parallel paths;
- Demonstrated self-starter with initiative to identify growth opportunities, coordinate & drive actions to influence customer;
- Languages- Fluent English; German is a plus;
- Home office, Europe;
- Ideally Germany or France;
- Other EU countries are possible.