Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Our Technical Services business is looking for a Senior Engineer to join our infrastructure team. The successful candidate will provide high quality engineering design solutions, including: below slab building drainage, site wide drainage including the use of SUDS, flood risk assessments, external levels design and the design of roads and external works. Also, support Project Leaders in delivering design for projects and liaise with other designers when required.
- Provide high quality technical solutions for a given project/section of project;
- Perform analysis and design giving due consideration to sustainability and the environment, and implementing H&S best practice;
- Liaise with internal/external team to ensure coordinated approach to design;
- Assist Graduate Engineer and Trainee Technician development;
- Active involvement in future business strategy/business improvement/business development activities;
- Represent the company at external meetings;
- Manage budget and programme for assigned elements of work.
We're looking for:
- A minimum of a 3 year accredited first degree or a 4 year accredited MEng in Civil or other appropriate engineering subject;
- Preferably Chartered with ICE;
- Strong knowledge of the principles that lie behind engineering design;
- Strong knowledge of relevant design standards and regulations;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Experience in design for civil or site development, including storm and foul water design, road design, development of earth works and construction quantities projects preferably including residential, custodial,education, highways, water and other industrial and commercial development sectors;
- Knowledge of commercial aspects of engineering solutions;
- Working knowledge of relevant software, including Microsoft Project, Excel and Word, Micro Drainage AutoCAD and Civil3D;
- Knowledge of Vehicle tracking, Cut and Fill Analysis and Flood Estimation Handbook would be an advantage.