Senior Control Engineer
Together with your colleagues you will be responsible for:
- Feasibility studies of new wind turbine products aiming at optimizing power, loads, and noise performance through innovative use of sensors, controllers and actuators;
- Drive the technical aspects of control development for a specific product from feasibility state to fully verified product;
- Development and tuning of control algorithms;
- Improvement of processes ensuring a lean and efficient execution;
- Implementation of control algorithms in MATLAB/Simulink and/or ANSYS SCADE Suite;
- Verification on all levels, including software tests and field testing;
- Risk management activities such as risk assessments and failure mode and effect analysis.
- M. Sc. or PhD. within Control Engineering or similar;
- 5+ years relevant experience within wind energy engineering or similar field;
- Proven experience in control development for wind turbine applications;
- Knowledge of dynamic mechanical and/or hydraulic systems;
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink;
- Experience in driving a project from a technical point of view.
You may have:
- Knowledge of aerodynamics and aero elasticity;
- Experience with MATLAB embedded code;
- Experience with software development tools such as Stash, CVS, ClearCase or similar;
- Experience with software development using ANSYS SCADE Suite.
To be successful in the position we expect that:
- You are pro-active, result oriented and have a strong sense of responsibility;
- You are able to meet your deadlines with the right quality;
- You have a creative approach to new challenges;
- You succeed as part of a team and it comes naturally to you to collaborate and share knowledge;
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing);
- Last, but not least, you must be able to work within an international team.