Lead Plant Electrical Engineer
Daventry, United Kingdom
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
- Supports major electrical and power systems for a facility;
- Manages power and related infrastructure for a facility;
- Discusses facility systems issues, such as air temperature concerns, with facility leadership; trouble shoots, and investigates most complex power system issues to determine root causes;
- Develops plans and implements solutions that are efficient and cost effective;
- Analyses and simulates facility electronic systems to ensure continuous and appropriate levels of power, heat, ventilation, and air conditioning in the facility;
- Develops code and improves code to design, verify and validate controls for facility systems; services and maintains controls hardware and software;
- Leads power disruption planning; works with utilities to establish and maintain power requirements for the facility; oversees installation, ongoing testing, and maintenance of back-up power sources;
- Maintains relationships with internal customers and utility providers; manages skilled tradesmen and related contracts;
- Works with facility leadership to plan for system upgrade; plans for and manages system obsolescence.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Implement and ensure adherence to Cummins Corporate electrical policies across the sites;
- Develop and maintain a documentation system which demonstrates the details of all maintenance, testing, inspections, modifications and operation of the electrical systems and equipment;
- Coordinate and periodically review the shock/arc flash hazard assessments and subsequent labeling of applicable electrical systems and equipment;
- Coordinate Maintenance of substations on site;
- Support site on Puwer, Machinery directive and CE Marking across site;
- Initial selection and period inspection to support the control and management of electrical contractors on the site;
- Develop and manage upgrade program for onsite sub stations;
- Manage plant engineering and facility projects within agreed budgets and time scales;
- Input to the facilities plant budget, Capital plan and facility’s project planner.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering required;
- Specialization in Controls or High Voltage preferred.
Don't forget to mention EuroEngineerJobs when applying.