IT Banking Systems Officer - Swift and Back-Office
EIB - European Investment Bank
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) Directorate - Information Technology (IT) - Business Services Department (BSD) - Enterprise Applications (EA) Division - Back-Office Loans, Payments and Settlements (BOL&PS) Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg an: IT Banking Systems Officer - Swift and Back-Office.
This is a full time position at grade 4/5.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The IT Banking Systems Officer - Swift and Back-Office (internally referred to as (Junior) Officer IT Applications) will be responsible for the maintenance and evolution of several IT systems used in the lending and treasury back-office business domains at the EIB: the SWIFT messaging platform, the Accurate financial reconciliation system and the WSS Commercial Lending Module (WSS-CLM).
The IT Banking Systems Officer - Swift and Back-Office will report to the Head of the Back-Office Loans, Payments and Settlements Unit and whenever required, directly to the Head of the Enterprise Applications Division.
Internally, s/he will work closely with members of the team within the unit and the division, as well as members of the IT Security, IT Architecture and IT Integration teams. S/he will cooperate regularly with counterparties from the Finance Directorate especially with key users in the business services, notably in Back-Office Treasury and Back-Office Borrowings.
Externally, s/he will deal on a daily basis with key external parties (software vendors, providers of outsourced services, peer groups) in the financial back-office area in order to optimise service levels and to stay abreast of best practice.
The IT Banking Systems Officer - Swift and Back-Office will be responsible for:
- Driving and carrying out the maintenance, development and configuration of the IT banking systems: SWIFT, Accurate and WSS-CLM and the associated interfaces;
- Developing a detailed understanding of business requirements and implementing appropriate solutions;
- Taking responsibility and initiative for the implementation of new functionalities, modules and upgrade projects, ensuring that the project deliverables match business requirements and comply with Enterprise Architecture standards;
- Maintaining and constantly updating the appropriate technical architecture documentation according to IT standards (including the full picture of payment and reconciliation flows in interfaced systems);
- Acting as IT's single point of contact for SWIFT and Accurate, also for incidents in production and proactively preventing operational incidents;
- Ensuring good maintenance of the applications according to IT best practice and deliver corrective and/or configuration changes;
- Contributing and participating to business projects; identifying, designing and implementing an IT solution to a business need or opportunity;
- Providing advice and recommendations following EIB/IT standards and methodologies in the back-office settlement, payment and reconciliation fields in order to ensure that the solutions are conceived, built and managed in line with business requirements;
- Delivering SWIFT and financial reconciliation related expertise to any back-office initiative and project.
- University degree in a field related to Information Technology;
- At least 3 years of professional experience, of which at least 1 year working with payments, treasury management or core banking software such as Swift, WallStreet Systems, Misys, FIS/Sungard, Summit, Calypso, Temenos, Olympic, Murex, FrontArena, Sophis.
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of SWIFT services and/or products would be an advantage;
- Sound technical background in programming and scripting languages (Unix shell, Python, Java, PL-SQL) and DBMS Systems (Oracle and/or Sybase);
- Functional understanding of Back-Office Settlement, Confirmation and Reconciliation processes;
- Project management experience is a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of English and French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals;
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes;
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns;
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation's needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation's mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages.
Deadline for applications: 25th July 2017.
Apply directly via this link.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.