Senior Structural Design Engineer
Your new job
Position is subordinated to Civil/Structural Department Manager and there are no coordination of subordinates responsibilities.
- Design activities for projects and studies in various development stages: prefeasibility, feasibility, concept design, basic design, detailed design, permitting, design validation, Technical due diligence, specifications for General Contractor;
- Structural design activities for constructions (buildings, sustaining structures, supports & skids);
- Structural design activities for structural steel, cast-in-place concrete and precast concrete structures;
- Pre-sizing of beams/girders, plates, columns, foundations, other;
- Structural calculations and detailed calculation notes;
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) software for 2D drafting and 3D modelling;
- Elaboration of layouts for constructions (digging, positioning, formwork drawings, reinforcement drawings, elevations, sections and other);
- Elaboration of details for execution;
- Elaboration of technical design reports and specifications for construction works;
- Bill of quantities preparation;
- Technical support during construction works;
- Attendance to internal project review meetings;
- Liaise with architects and other designers, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the concept of the construction;
- Attendance to meetings with clients together with PM;
- Reports progress on project activities to PM;
- Estimate duration, propose and agree deadlines with PM for allocated design activities;
- Perform department internal quality checks for documents prepared by other engineers or subcontractors.
What do you offer?
- Bachelor degree in Structural Engineering;
- Applicable knowledge on Romanian and European structural design standards, regulations, laws, engineering good practices;
- High level of experience in delivering projects to required standards;
- Self-starter who shows initiative, independence, give input for technical proposals and carry out constructions design with little or no supervision;
- Good knowledge operating with Autocad, Revit, Etabs, Graitec Advance Design, MS Office;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Minimum structural design experience: 10 years.