Survey and Alignment Engineers
ESRF - European Synchrotron Radiation Facility
Grenoble, Rhône-Alpes, France
Looking for a challenging position in an International research organisation?
Join the ESRF, the European Synchrotron!
The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
We are currently seeking to recruit: Survey and Alignment Engineers, 2 time-limited positions (3 years maximum), ref. COD/S&A.
You will join a team of engineers and technicians for the assembly, installation and commissioning of the Extremely Brilliant Source - a new particle accelerator being constructed at the ESRF (more information on http://www.esrf.eu/about/upgrade).
Your missions are the following:
- Install, maintain, align and measure (i.e. planimetric and altimetric control):
- civil engineering works;
- first order geodetic networks;
- magnets, vacuum vessels and other accelerator equipment; and
- beamline reference marks, instrumentation and equipment.
- Supervise survey technicians and exterior company field teams;
- Perform survey calculations and publish results of measurement and alignment activities.
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher university degree (Master, MSc, DESS, Diplom, Diploma, Ingeniera Superior, Licenciatura, Laurea or equivalent) in Geomatics Engineering/surveying;
- 1 to 5 years of professional experience.
- In addition you should have:
- Experience in the alignment of particle accelerators and related experiments, and specifically the tools (e.g. electronic levels, GNSS, robotic total stations and particularly laser trackers...);
- General skills and techniques in the fields of metrology and micro-geodesy;
- Experience with Spatial Analyzer and/or Polyworks will be considered an asset.
- Good communication, organisation and analytical skills, flexibility, ability to work within a team;
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF).
The annual gross salary will be within the range 32 - 40 K€ and additional allowances may apply.
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online by 15th July 2017.