Senior Structural and Civil Works Engineer
Technip in Spain is looking for an Industrial Engineer to be in charge of all technical activities related to calculate and design of structures & civil works of the assigned projects.
Reporting lines and interactions:
- Functionally reports to: Manager of Civil Works and Structural Department.
- Operationally reports to: Department Manager/Project Manager.
- Directly supervises (operationally): N/A.
- Key interactions (internally, externally): Structural and Civil Works engineering team and other engineering departments.
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar function.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Structural or Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Experience in companies providing engineering services to the Chemical, Refining or Petrochemical Industry.
- Knowledge of CYPE.
- Knowledge of STAADPRO.
- Fluent in English.
- Takes full responsibility over the calculation activities of an assigned unit.
- To calculate and design steel/ concrete process structures, steel/concrete piperacks, foundations of structures, equipment foundations, steel platforms, and equipment platforms.
- Prepares updates and checks calculations for detailed engineering.
- Contributes to optimization of material quantities by proposing value engineering solutions.
- Ensures timely internal and external reporting on engineering/requisitioning activities to the group leader.
- Meets quality objectives of the project.
- Interfaces with other discipline specialist engineers and possibly project support functions such as procurement and planning.
- Transmits instructions to and manages an assigned design team.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to more junior engineering employees.