Design Engineer & Project Manager
La Guerche, France
This position is to support a strong program in the power transmission industry: - new products development - VA/VE (Value Analysis/Value Engineering) - Customer driven projects.
The candidate is part of the design engineering team reporting to the R&D manager. This position requires strong interactions in the team and with other teams as: Sales, Sourcing, Manufacturing engineering, Tests, Quality and Product management. It may require direct contacts with suppliers, customers and within GKN.
- Design new products based on internal or customer specifications;
- Redesign or upgrade existing products to reduce costs, improve performance and quality;
- Customize existing products - Coordination and cooperation with crossfunctionnal teams;
- Respect internal project management process;
- In charge to achieve costs;
- In charge of technical file including: 3D model, simulation, Calculation files (structural and thermal FEA, stress, screws…) Supplier spécifications, Drawings, instructions;
- Strong experience as mechanical engineer and project management;
- Familiar with hydraulic, machining process and product certifications as DNV and ABS;
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD design & drawing software and structural FEA;
- Familiar with microfsoft office and ERP systems;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) for projects and technical communication;
- Degree qualified in mechanical engineering;
- Focussed on delivering results and working as a team. Good skills in customer relations, VOC oriented. Good capacity to listen and to share;
- Cost driven attitude.