Roles And Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be working as part of a small team in this important and varied position.
The work will include
- Development of active data display web pages to present georeferenced datasets;
- Maintenance and support of client facing web servers and attached databases;
- Development and delivery of specialised data acquisition software to interface with third party data sources (C#, VB.NET);
- Provision and maintenance of software development records and integration with version control tools;
- Design, build and test of metocean measurement systems. These will include systems for monitoring of vessel movement and other metocean parameters on offshore platforms, mobile rigs and drilling vessels;
- Liaison with clients and suppliers;
- Configuration of equipment to client requirements;
- Preparation of documentation including drawings, installation and test procedures, calculations and reports;
- Occasional offshore trips for system installation and commissioning.
We look to recruit well-motivated staff that thrive in a dynamic environment where individual contributions are recognised and valued. Those who enjoy the practical application of knowledge and skills are especially likely to have an aptitude for the work.
A Software or engineering related degree with a high mathematical focus e.g. Software Engineering/Applied Physics/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering or similar Class 2:1 or above is desirable.
Personal attributes include
- Flexibility and willingness to learn;
- Good communication skills;
- Good organisational skills;
- Ability to work within time/budget constraints;
- Ability to work as part of a team across projects.