Airframe Engineering Leader & Architect for Airbus Nacelle
Description of the job
You will be the Head of Airframe Engineering for Airbus-made Nacelle with the full accountability, on your perimeter, for Time, Quality, Cost (budget allocation and control) and Performance of all engineering deliverables (design principles, definition dossiers, justification & certification dossiers, manufacturing support) being produced by Airbus or by the supply chain. This work has to be done in line with programmes objectives (weight & performance, schedule, cost).
You will be the nacelle architect and integrator for the above mentioned perimeter, with the responsibility for the global structure and system installation optimization and you will have to ensure consistency through all AIRBUS Nacelle programs.
You will have an operational reporting to the Head of Airframe Nacelle & Powerplant physical Integration (ESYP). You will have to ensure appropriate interfaces with manufacturing, Chief Engineering, supply chain integration, Quality, Finance, Human Resources and Engineering external suppliers.
Activities covered are:
- Nacelle work packages;
- Structure, design, mechanical and electrical systems installation;
- Interfaces with engines and various Airbus engineering domains (propulsion, loads, flight physics, flight tests, etc.).
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks will be:
- Responsible for End-to-End delivery of all Nacelle Airframe engineering for various Airbus-made Nacelle products;
- Organise and lead all the Airframe Nacelle design activities to meet Programs requirements in terms of Time/Cost/Quality/Performance through the complete program life cycle. His organization manages all Engineering subcontractors and Risk Sharing Partners (for Engineering workload) to secure on time, on cost and on quality deliverables. You will monitor the overall progress versus program objectives, provide clear directives and associated support to secure achievement;
- Manage and control the budget and its allocation, respecting the budget provided by Ho ESY Domain and the program split;
- Manage and ensure a proper skills and competences development of all employees working in your organization. Maintain high level of engagement through clear objectives, clear directives, necessary support and regular communication;
- Owner of the Technical Authority for Nacelle architecture & integration for various airbus programs. Responsible to cascade this authority within the organization. Validate the architecture, concepts and technical solutions for this perimeter;
- Ensures overall technical integration at Nacelle components level and across programmes, maintaining Engineering high quality and product performance. The products must be compliant with state of the art practices and policy defined by the Centre of Competence, as well as with airworthiness regulation, flight safety and product liability advisable policies;
- Responsible to ensure that technical solutions designed and authorized by the organization will be validated at aircraft level (and beyond airframe when interaction with others disciplines exist) by Program Chief Engineers;
- Ensure company policy is properly applied regarding Make or Buy policy, Core/non core activities, subcontracting and off-shore policy.
- Ensure strong relationship and good collaboration with Airframe programs;
- Responsible to ensure continuous improvement through the deployment of performance improvement projects as Lean, Change platform, Q6, Subcontract strategy and off-shore management;
- Responsible to set up a good collaboration and strong relationship with involved Airbus plants (Toulouse Saint Eloi, Nantes and FALs), Risk Sharing Partners, French Unions, French Engineering representatives and other key stakeholders.
This role will involve some travels for business mainly in France and as such you must be able to travel accordingly (monthly basis).
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Master Degree level (or equivalent) in Aircraft design or related field;
- More than 5 years of experience in Engineering, Project Management, Team Management;
- In-depth knowledge of Structure, Nacelle and Airframe;
- Soft Skills: Leadership, Excellent communication Skills, Flexibility;
- Negotiation level in English and Advanced level in French requested for this position.