Manufacturing Technology Engineer - Global Projects
Aarhus-Brabrand (Denmark) or West Flanders-Ypres (Belgium)
We are now looking to fill Manufacturing Technology Engineer role implying responsibility for driving improvement projects across various production sites within Nutrition & Health BU of DuPont in Europe and globally.
Manufacturing Technology Engineer - provides process, materials, and/or equipment engineering technical expertise in a technology area to manufacturing operations to maintain production performance or restore process capability when the product or standard process is no longer stable, predictable or in control. Participates as part of a team to upgrade products and processes by implementing modifications ranging from incremental daily improvements to technology game changes. Develops improved process instrumentation and control strategies, process safety, yields, capacity and uptime performance. Helps to train personnel and build in the manufacturing line organization to maintain and enhance operations. Serves as first response to plant technical issues and assists in trouble shooting process or equipment issues. Implements Best Practices for manufacturing process. Supports PSM activities in areas such Process Hazard Analysis, Alarm Management, and Management of Change.
- Learns relevant operating processes & technology to which assigned
- Provides technical oversight of day – to – day operations
- Assists Operations and Maintenance with troubleshooting, root cause analysis and problem solving
- Works with Operations to improve safety, yield, and uptime
- Recognizes when process is not in control, and understands the steps needed to address.
- Identifies and implements solutions to manufacturing issues related to technology
- Assists in Operator & Mechanic Training
- Leads Technology Elements of PSM (Process Technology, PHA, Management of Change-Technology)
- Leads MT and productivity related improvements for the unit(s)
- Develops and applies knowledge of loops checks, control of energy, equipment check-out, process commissioning, troubleshooting of unusual problems
- Develops and leads tests to support product development
- Participates in and executes activities related to small capital projects (including commissioning, de-commissioning, start-up, shut down, etc.)
- Networks with peers and leverages broader organization including R&D, DuET, Marketing, etc.
- Understands, and conducts cost benefit analysis
- Technical Degree (BS, MS, or PhD) or equivalent experience
- Six Sigma Certification is a plus
- Chemical engineering experience
- Food industry experience would be an advantage
- Process safety management experience would be an advantage
- Fluent English is a must, other European languages would be an advantage